Monday, January 31, 2011

Absolutely Fabulous

I've recently cut all my hair off and "absolutely fabulous" is exactly how I feel. Before it was so big and thick and very unmanageable and just plain dead. To be honest, I kind of went crazy for a bit while I was chopping off everything. At first the plan was just to thin it out but, that didn't happen. It was a very liberating and somewhat emotional experience. It was just too much and I hated it. 

This is me before the cut.


And this is me after the cut.


The picture's not the best but, you get the gist. After I cut it, the only thing I could think of was "Ahhh, I can do so much more with it now!" Even though it's shorter, it fells like I have the freedom now. Maybe I'm going overboard with this whole thing but, I've never been so excited to have a haircut. Even when it's curly, I like it so much. Way more than it was longer. 
There was an inspiration for my cut. It was the way Karen O. looks in the video for "Zero". Something about it stuck a chord with me. 





No comments: